Topic: Rance FAQ
Well, of course, no one knows who Rance is, really. Not even the administrative staff. Wait, the "Administrative Staff" is a pseudonym of Rance's.
But here is a brief description of who/what Rance is, in case you're new to the site.
1. Rance is an A-list Hollywood actor who posts anonymously to Tripod (not because the site is free, but because he can remain anonymous).
2. He is male.
3. He is old (see references to Cary Grant, Marlene Dietrich, March, 2004. August 19th, 2004 he referred to "my zany, younger days" implying he's older now).
4. He is getting sick of blogging, and has claimed to be searching for the "new Rance" to "take over" his blog. He posts less and less.
5. He is looking for potential book deals.
6. He also writes fiction. While not demonstrated on his site for copyright reasons, he claims he wants to have his fiction published.
Of course, I have applied to be the new Rance, as most of you know (and are probably sick of me talking about). Of course, Rance is really picky though, and only likes certain people.
Rance said he wanted a vampire to take over. When vampires applied, he said he didn't like any of the applicants, because they couldn't turn into bats.
Rance sounds like the Hollywood actor who likes to string people around simply for the fun of it... because people are willing to do whatever it takes to please his every whim. Why should I care anyway? I wish I didn't. But I do.